Wednesday, January 16, 2008

She's Electric - I mean Lectora

Today I was introduced to the software I will use to create web based learning modules.

It's Lectora by Trivantis.

I've only had a little look and done just a little more research online, but overall it seems like this will be a fairly easy to use web based course creation tool and I'm really looking forward to what it has to offer from both the design and usability scopes.

As well it will be great to finally discover what learning management system we're going to use and how to administer it, but really Jac...slow down. Take it one step at a time. Stop rushing, things will come.

As my good friend Colleen tells me, I should really adopt Slow Movement. I perused Carl Honore's blog and was smiling at the article about email where he discusses how some companies are banning the use of email during personal time....now if only I could get my mind to shut off as easily as my Blackberry....

But I digress...

I am really looking foward to working with Lectora. One thing that really peaked my interst about it was the fact that they have a user conference coming up in April and the conference could include THREE days of training and the two days of the conference.

I requested to go (already - I know I've hardly been here 48 hours and already I'm asking to go to a conference) and hope to hear some positive news soon. For now....I'm back to see what Lectora is going to offer me and the learners here at my company.

No comments: