Monday, January 14, 2008

Something Old - Something New

Isn't that the familiar saying - you know the one used for brides?

I feel a little like a bride today. All the mixed emotions playing tricks on your mind...most brides can relate with feelings like: am I good enough? will we be happy? will this last? When will the honeymoon begin - then again, when will it end?

Those are many of the same questions I've asked myself today since I started my new job at 9 this morning.

Am I good enough to do this job? Did they choose the right person? Will they regret their decision?

  • Will we be happy? Will they be happy with me, will I be happy working here?
  • Will this last? Will it last long enough for me to collect my first paycheck - or last years of seeming bliss?
  • When will the honeymoon begin? I know I've been here only one day, but I wonder, where is that euphoria I'm supposed to feel about starting a new position - especially one that I really REALLY wanted (like this one)?
  • Once the honeymoon starts, when will it end? Will I become dissatisfied, or find that e-learning really isn't what I wanted it to be?

I was certainly feeling insecure as I rode up in the elevator, but as I was taken from department to department and introduced to all the staff, managers and partners, it became clear that they really want me here. They (all the staff) are looking forward to having a trainer on staff and they are anxious to be able to learn new things (HOOORAY!).

Now I'm feeling optimistic about my role here and I'm anxious to leave my mark!

Just to celebrate, I wore:

  • something old --- dress pants
  • something new --- sexy new black shoes
  • something borrowed--- my daughters lipgloss (though technically I didn't ASK and I don't plan to give it back)
  • something blue --- my new blue blouse which looks stunning with my dress pants and sexy black shoes

May this be the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

No comments: