Friday, January 4, 2008

What the New Year Holds

Aahh - as the slurs of Hpe Nw Flear (also known as "Happy New Year") begin to slip away from my memory banks, looking back brings a sudden tear of joy mixed with apprehension to my eye as one chapter in my life closes and another opens.

It's an exciting beginning, 2008 is, after a seemingly disastrous 2007, I seem to be getting back to the point that I am now able to grow again and learn instead of "just" helping other people learn.

That's right! I'm transitioning from being a trainer to a role that will challenge me as I learn all about Instructional Design for adult e-learners. (Although some of my time will still be spent in front of a truly appreciative audience while I expound the virtues of various Microsoft Office productivity tools - thank goodness at least, that I know how to do that....)

While I embrace this new challenge, I realize I have my work cut out for me. Not only do I have to learn the ways of the company I am working for, but I also need to learn new software so that I can eventually publish e-learning courses, AND I have to work on building my skills in instructional design and technical writing.

My hope is that what I learn along the way I will be able to share through this new forum.

I'm looking forward to successfully completing my first few weeks at my new position and wish i could run through the open door into the sunshine and rainbows that I perceive to be on the other side.

No comments: